Friday 24 October 2014

Clad In Gold


The festival of lights.
Everything around you is so beautiful that it makes you glow.









 Blouse and lehanga : Custom tailored | Earrings : Borrowed from mom | Bangles : Local market |

On my lips : Media by Mac

We all want that perfect outfit for Diwali,don't we? Diwali has always been our favorite festival and we always look forward to decorating our house, making rangoli and dressing up on Diwali. 

Lately I have been obsessed with South Indian gold jewellery and my look is inspired by it. This is my first traditional post on the blog so am pretty excited about it. I wore a gold blouse and a high waisted lehanga for Diwali. My lehanga is pretty contemporary so I accessorized it with a lot of gold accessories to give it a more traditional vibe. 


I borrowed these earrings from my mom. I curled my hair and made a loose side braid. I accessorized my braid my gold headchain worn here. I added two small jhumka's at the start and end of my braid.  I added a dark plum lip color that perfectly  complemented the gold of my attire. I did a thick black eyeliner for a vintage look. 
I added gold bangles to complete the look. I kept the look monochrome and highlighted it with loads of gold accessories.

I hope this post would help you with traditional dressing. I am an accessories person and I love accessorizing. Accessories take a outfit to a whole new level like bringing out the traditional in this look. I would love to hear your comments about this look. I hope you guys had a wonderful and safe Diwali. Loads of love.


Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment